Roof TilingAverage Duration: 2 years
CPC30812 Certificate III in Roof Tiling
This qualification provides a trade outcome in Roof Tiling for residential and commercial construction work.
(Summary of occupation) Duties performed by a Roof Tiler may include: working with Roof Tiling tools/ equipment and materials, Reading plans and specifications, measuring and calculating amounts of materials needed, setting out, planning and organising the work, battening the roof out, humping the roof with the roof tiles, laying the tiles in, placing in valleys, valley irons and flashings, laying the ridge capping, repair and renovate existing roofs. They may work on large commercial projects or small housing projects.
To obtain a Certificate III in Roof Tiling the following units must be completed:
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCPCM2043A Carry out WHS requirements
- CPCPCM2055A Work safely on roofs
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCRT2001A Handle roof tiling materials
- CPCCRT2002A Use roof tiling tools and equipment
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCRT3001A Tile regular roofs
- CPCCRT3002A Tile irregular roofs
- CPCCRT3004B Repair and renovate tile roofs
- CPCCRT3003B Repair and replace valley, valley irons and flashings
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
We are currently offering course assessment through Recognition of Prior Learning for workers with industry experience. You will meet with an assessor to identify your skills and determine your eligibility for RPL. Your assessor will then work with you to gather supporting evidence which may include work samples, reference letters, photos, employment history and accreditations.
A non -refundable application fee of $500 (+GST) applies to RPL applications and $117.65 (+GST) per unit fee. For units not achieved via RPL, applicants wanting to complete the full qualification will need to enrol, pay $750 (+GST) per unit and complete the remaining units via training.