ConstructionAverage Duration: 1 year
CPC20112 Certificate II in Construction
This qualification provides an occupational outcome and a range of support tasks applicable to a majority of construction work sites.
With a cert II in construction students may gain an entry level position on a construction site as a labourer. A builder’s labourer may perform a variety of tasks which may include loading and unloading construction materials and equipment, digging holes and removing material….
To obtain a Certificate II in Construction the following units must be completed:
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCBL2001A Handle and prepare bricklaying and blocklaying materials
- CPCCCM2005B Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCSF2004A Place and fix reinforcement materials
- CPCCCO2013A Carry out concreting to simple forms
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM2009A Carry out basic demolition
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
Course delivery and assessment is through a Traineeship, Fee for Service or Recognition of Prior Learning for workers with industry experience.