ConcretingAverage Duration: 2 years
CPC30318 Certificate III in Concreting
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of concreters working in concreting operations on residential and commercial projects.
(Summary of occupation) Duties performed by a Concreter may include: working with concreting tools/ equipment and materials, Reading plans and specifications, measuring and calculating amounts of materials needed, levelling, setting out , planning and organising the work, formwork, steel fixing, placing, finishing, curing and decorating concrete. They may work on large commercial projects or small housing projects.
To obtain a Certificate III in Concreting the following units must be completed:
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCO2022A Use and maintain concreting plant, tools and equipment
- CPCCCO2021A Handle concreting materials
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCCO3035A Assess and specify concrete supply requirements
- CPCCCM1013A Plan concrete work and brief team
- CPCCCO3036A Plan and organise work
- CPCCSF3001A Apply reinforcement schedule
- CPCCSF2004A Place and fix reinforcement materials
- CPCCCA2003A Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground
- CPCCCO3053A Slump test concrete
- CPCCCO3041A Place concrete
- CPCCCO3042A Finish concrete
- CPCCCO3043A Cure concrete
- CPCCCO3044A Carry out decorative finishes to concrete
- CPCCCO3055A Install topping slabs
We are currently offering course assessment through Recognition of Prior Learning for workers with industry experience. You will meet with an assessor to identify your skills and determine your eligibility for RPL. Your assessor will then work with you to gather supporting evidence which may include work samples, reference letters, photos, employment history and accreditations.
A non -refundable application fee of $500 (+GST) applies to RPL applications and $100 per unit fee (+GST). For units not achieved via RPL, applicants wanting to complete the full qualification will need to enrol, pay $481.48(+GST) per unit and complete the remaining units via training.